Royal Blood, the British rock duo consisting of Mike Kerr on vocals and bass and Ben Thatcher on drums, are back with a bang. The band has recently released their fourth studio album, Back to the Water Below, which features 12 new songs that showcase their signature blend of hard rock, blues, and electro-pop. The album has received critical acclaim and commercial success, reaching the top spot on the UK Albums Chart and the US Billboard Top Rock Albums Chart. Royal Blood have announced 2023 tour dates.
To celebrate their new album and reconnect with their fans, Royal Blood have announced a series of tour dates across the UK, Europe, North America, and Australia for 2023. The band will play songs from their new album, as well as some of their classic hits and fan favorites from their previous albums: Royal Blood (2014), How Did We Get So Dark? (2017), and Typhoons (2021).
If you are a fan of Royal Blood, or just curious about their music, here is everything you need to know about their upcoming tour dates, concerts, and tickets.
When and where are they playing?
Royal Blood have planned a massive tour that will span from May to December 2023. The tour will cover 42 cities across the UK, Europe, North America, and Australia. The tour dates are as follows:
UK Tour Dates
- May 26: Nottingham Rock City
- May 27: Plymouth Home Park (with Muse)
- June 20: Huddersfield John Smith’s Stadium (with Muse)
- June 21: Newcastle O2 City Hall
- June 21-25: Glastonbury Festival
- October 20: Manchester O2 Apollo
- October 21: Edinburgh Usher Hall
- October 22: Stockton-on-Tees Stockton Globe
- October 24: London Eventim Apollo
- October 25: Liverpool Liverpool Guild of Students – Mountford Hall
- October 26: Wolverhampton The Civic at The Halls Wolverhampton
- October 27: Portsmouth Portsmouth Guildhall
- October 29: Belfast The Telegraph Building
- October 30-31: Dublin 3Olympia Theatre
European Tour Dates
- June 5: Mijmegen, NL – Doornroosje
- June 6: Amsterdam, NL – Paradiso
- June 11: Berlin, DE – Huxleys Neue Welt
- June 13: Mannheim, DE – Zeltfestival Rhein-Neckar
- June 14: Nancy, FR – L’Autre Canal
- June 30: Toulouse, FR – Le Bikini
North American Tour Dates
- September 4: Leeds, UK – Project House
- September 5: Brighton, UK – Concorde 2
- September 16: Asbury Park, NJ, US – Sea.Hear.Now
- September 18: Detroit, MI, US – The Fillmore
- September 19: Cleveland, OH, US – Agora Theatre & Ballroom
- September 21: Louisville, KY, US – Louder Than Life Festival
- September 22: St Louis, MO, US – The Pageant
- September 23: Chicago, IL, US – Riviera Theatre
- September 30: Philadelphia, PA, US – The Fillmore Philadelphia
Australian Tour Dates
- December 11: Brisbane, QLD – Riverstage
- December 13: Sydney, NSW – Hordern Pavilion
- December 15: Melbourne, VIC – Festival Hall
- December 19: Adelaide, SA – Hindley Street Music Hall
- December 21: Perth, WA – HBF Stadium
How to get tickets?
Tickets for all the shows will go on sale on various dates depending on the location. You can buy them online through the band’s official website or through various ticketing platforms such as Ticketmaster, Live Nation, AXS, Eventbrite, and Songkick. You can also check out the venues’ websites for more information on ticket availability and prices.
Some of the shows are already sold out or have limited availability, so you should act fast if you want to secure your spot. You can also sign up for the band’s newsletter or follow them on social media to get the latest updates on their tour dates and tickets.
What to expect from the concerts?
If you are planning to attend one of the Royal Blood concerts, you can expect a lot of fun, excitement, and energy. The band will play songs from their new album, such as “Trouble’s Coming”, “Limbo”, “Boilermaker”, and “Hold On”, as well as some of their classic hits and fan favorites, such as “Figure It Out”, “Little Monster”, “Lights Out”, and “Typhoons”. You can also expect to see Kerr rocking out on his bass guitar, which he uses various effects pedals and amps to make it sound like an electric guitar and bass guitar at the same time. You can also expect to see Thatcher pounding the drums with his powerful and precise style. The band will also interact with the audience and share some stories and jokes.
The concerts will also feature some special guests and opening acts, such as fellow rock bands Mini Mansions, Turbowolf, cleopatrick, and Bad Nerves. The concerts will last for about an hour and a half, and will have a mix of fast and slow songs. The band will also have some merchandise for sale, such as t-shirts, posters, CDs, and vinyls.
Why should you go see them live?
There are many reasons why you should go see Royal Blood live in concert. Here are some of them:
- You are a fan of Royal Blood and their music. You have been following them since their debut in 2014, and you don’t want to miss this opportunity to see them perform their new album live.
- You are a fan of rock music. You enjoy listening to bands that have a unique and original sound, that blend different genres and influences, and that have a loyal and passionate fanbase.
- You are looking for a fun and memorable experience. You want to have a good time with your friends or family, or meet new people who share your interests. You want to enjoy some live music, dance, sing along, and have a blast.
The Bottom Line
Royal Blood is one of the most exciting and innovative bands in the rock scene today. They have a distinctive sound, a diverse discography, and a remarkable story. They also have one of the most talented bassists in the world, Mike Kerr.
The band is back with a new album and a new tour, after more than two years of hiatus. They are ready to rock the stage again and delight their fans with their music. If you are one of them, or if you are curious about them, you should definitely check out their tour dates and get your tickets as soon as possible.
You don’t want to miss this chance to see Royal Blood live in concert. It will be an unforgettable experience that you will cherish for a long time.